Monday 2 April 2012

Easter mood

Easter soon! 


Chocolate, lambs, spring babies, rabbits and mad hares!


What is it about Easter that makes it special to me?


It is about Spring energy. The will forces and the growing forces on the Earth and in everything around me and in me! The urge to create, to start new projects, to clean and tidy, get rid of clutter.


So this is what the house looks like now!
























I got us a new rug too and this is what it looks like:










Next on the list:


new throws and new cushions...so watch this space!


Morgana and I got some compost and seeds and I got some plants and re-potted and planted and arranged them (I don't have a garden, but just a mini porch area just by front door!)


Got very excited with Ocado new gardening range and got a few things from there.


http://www.ocado.com/webshop/getCategories.do?tags=%7C30931%7C21411


I got flowers for indoors from 'You don't bring me flowers' shop in Hither Green

And plants from my favourite shop 'The flower House' in Greenwich Market




As it is not quite finished I will not show the results yet!


This is an image of Morgana sowing seeds at her little friend's house.




Meanwhile at my Acorns Parent and Child sessions I have been felting with the children.
Wet felting is a lovely experience and we made Easter eggs. The difficult thing is to make the wool tight and compact/firm.
It can be slightly frustrating, especially for little hands, so adults can start them off with the rolling and shaping of the egg. Remember to make it bigger as it will shrink!


My favourite felting is needle felting and I did that too with the mums ( this is not suitable for children under 7).


The things you can do with the needle! I get to have more control on detail, so shapes are more accurate and patterns can be created, even 'drawing' is possible!
These are some I made at home and at the session and took home to finish. It is possible to needle felt and wet felt after or viceversa...the possibilities are endless!


Some images for you!









No comments:

Post a Comment