Sunday 22 April 2012

The Arrival of the Bureau



We were very busy today of all days! A beautiful Sunday morning: a perfect day for Spring cleaning!


In our house Spring cleaning started a long time ago and it is a preparation for changes to come in the Summer, when we hope to paint the walls and take the carpet out (yuk!) and have wooden floors ( hurrah!) 


So today we cleared Morgana's bedroom of all the old stuff and books and made space for a new bureau!


Morgana is very pleased, as you can see!



What a mess!


Dusting and cleaning...and oh, yes, spot the new Mandala!


I got another one from Jo's stall in Greenwich Market yesterday!


I love it!




Back to cleaning, clearing, tidying...




Getting rid of the old, de clutter, renew...




Spring energy!


Needing more energy, stopping for a quick nourishing lunch of noodles with vegetables in miso broth






leeks, carrots, turnip tops, spring onions and tofu with Rice noodles














Yum!
























Back to work!


Sorted all the books now the bureau needs organizing...
















What do you think?
I said it is a bit messy but she said she needs all those things there...












So, Morgana shows me how she works at her new bureau...



She says...'Wait and see my new thing on my laptop'!




'It shows my name and it plays a tune when I log on', she says!



I go around the house and take note of things I would like to change soon...
my messy corner, my kitchen spices...gosh they look so ...I don't know...like a granny's house!


My messy corner

My books 

Realizing that I am trying to read about 6 books at the same time, one of them is in the photo above, the other ones are by my bedside!

I get too tired in the evening to read, I am at the moment enjoying radio 4 extra with drama and comedy/

I keep going around the house to see what needs doing...
I do like pretty things, like postcards and ornaments but they do gather dust...
But my bookshelves, my messy corner, our house...each and every corner of it tells a story...my love of nature, my love of Italy, Japan, India, England...





Things we cannot live without: beauty, music, nature, books, and much more...






















It's evening now and all is  (nearly)tidy and clean...


oh well, is good enough
with fresh flowers
and lavender incense burning


Morgana gets ready for bed...






One more look at the new bureau!




oOh! One more thing to put away...





That's it!




Ok!


Good night!



No comments:

Post a Comment