Thursday 21 May 2020

The truth of my own image

There has arisen from my egohood
My Self, and finds itself
As cosmic revelation
In pulse of time and space;
The world shows everywhere to me
As godly archetype
The truth of my own image.



My self is threatening to fly forth,
Lured strongly by the world’s enticing light.
Come forth, prophetic feeling,
Take up with strength your rightful task:
Replace in me the power of thought
Which in the senses’ glory
Would gladly lose itself.



(From: The Calendar of the Soul by Rudolf Steiner)


The verses in ‘The Calendar of the Soul’ were written by Rudolf Steiner for each week of the year (original in German), reflecting the soul experiences we can feel and through which we can inwardly grow in relationship to the time of the year. Through such reflections and meditations on the changing soul experiences through the year, one can develop a deep inner soul connection to the cycle of the seasons. They can be a soul-full companion and inner help in trials as well as joys through the year.*





The last posts here are a collection of thoughts in verses, discordant poetry, it is my journey, my way of 'screaming into a pillow'...
My body and my thoughts, my feelings,

 have been going through a phase;
 I am trying to observe from inside and ride this era of my life here on Earth, not knowing yet how it is going to change...yes changes are quite something...but it is part of being a woman
this is my expression of this tumultuous phase full of changes, 
the peri menopause - 
All things happening emotionally and physically are translated 
in words in the hope that one can look at this and understand, even if only a glimpse of it, or identify herself, 
perhaps also sharing, in the hope that one day 

I can look at this and ask myself how did I cope?
I also plan to create a multimedia expression and representation of this phase, with the help of other collaborators.


I am currently seeking to connect with other women between 45 and 55 going through similar experience. 

If you are willing and able to express what you are going through with paintings and sculptures, photographs and installations, perhaps even musical pieces, please come forward and share.
I would like to create together and make it into an art event.


No comments:

Post a Comment