Wednesday 13 May 2020

Fast forward

Perhaps is me
I cannot really see
How we can even be
As we are right now,
I can't explain how
We seem to be stuck in the past.
It's like, we are still afraid of things new
Or maybe scared to go too fast
Forward we look, to things we knew
Already had an idea or scared to try
Seems to go in cycles, and I ask why?

I don't know if I want to see
The vintage reinvented
The eclectic and frugal
The scandi chic
The grungy hippie
The sleek modern
The cheap junk
The expensive crap
The mismatched and the reclaimed
The upcycled and the boho
The country urban
The urban beach
The home sweet homes
The people so bored
Apple laptops and mobile phones
As if they were the last treasures on Earth
The wooden cafes with the bearded baristas
The vegan burgers with the ethnic dishes
The fusion flavours with the futon cliches

I want to be in see through buildings with sliding doors
I want to experience a sideways lift across the floors
I want to beep through and tap around
I want to cross and not touch the ground
I need to zoom from any room
A suspended spiral staircase to the moon
Is all this available now or soon?

As I speak it already is been done and gone.
So I am getting quite restless and bothered
I just need to take a big breath and fast forward


No comments:

Post a Comment