Sunday 2 October 2011

Oxleas Woods

The magic of the woods. ...




Oxleas Woods


I missed it lately!


I run my outdoor sessions here, the last two weeks as I was busy with looking after 4 children on the Friday, Karyn took over for me, I am sure she had a wonderful time, and I am also sure in the future she can stand in for me if I were ''stuck'' again!


So I am back from next Friday!


I hope to see old and new faces! Come along to try. It is Parents/Grandparents, carers- nannies and childminders...with children of any age! Some are little some are school age- although home educated.


I start with a nature trail, we walk along some enchanted paths and collect stones, sticks, leaves, etc...
We gather at our usual spot, near a 'den' sit on some logs and bring blankets to be more comfy.
Wellies and rain jackets are a must, you never know with English weather!



We have a shared picnic, so each one of us brings bread/crackers, fruit, water and juice or a flask of tea.
As I come with a buggy with usually one or two children - as a nanny - I don't drive, I come by bus, so it is nice if other people contribute especially with heavy things like flasks of tea!




We make some decorative crafts using as much as possible nature findings, and perhaps string, rafia, wool, paper, recycled materials...


We have made  stick and string spiderwebs, spiders, dragonfiles, dream catchers, hanging mobiles, stone ladybirds and beatles, rubbed leaves on paper...and musical shakers too!


So, I hope to see you there Fridays, 10 to 12.


If you can't make it on Fridays, A very similar session happens on Thursdays with Maria as the leader, at the moment Aniko stands in for her as Maria has a little girl but often comes to the session.

For info and booking for both outdoor sessions please contact Acorns - Parent and Child Group -
 through Greenwich Steiner School


Acorns also has indoor groups, every day of the week.
 ( I run the Wednesdays pm and the Thursdays am sessions)


















Here some images of my group sessions






No comments:

Post a Comment