Saturday 17 August 2013

Visions of the Universe

With the sky and the stars and the shooting stars, meteor showers at this time of the year, I feel particularly close to the Universe!
I suggest, then, that, if you can, you go and see this:
http://www.rmg.co.uk/whats-on/exhibitions/

Amazing exhibition at the Maritime museum (lower ground)
I am lucky to have the yearly membership, so will return there again!
It took me back to my Astronomy A level and wanting to know everything forgotten again.
A lot gets forgotten, but the strange thing is that I never lost that feeling of wonder and knowing that out there is very near and our connection with the stars and planets and all things in the sky is real and part of our everyday lives. We are influenced, inspired and intrigued by the sky and we explore and soon we will be able to know much more and go beyond...It is scary in an exciting sort of way, to know that my grandchildren will take a trip to space; as easy as taking a plane to NY!

No comments:

Post a Comment