Saturday 5 January 2013

New year's thoughts

Artifacts Stamps - Star of Wonder (Christmas)

Wonder, wonder
Loving, living, shining
Starbright
Starlight
Guide me through the night
Guide me through my journey
This life

Love and light
Purest joy
Peace to all


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EMF

My sensitivity to radiation around me is getting higher and symptoms much worse.
I urge my dear friends to be aware of what is happening around us, at home and around the world.

For this very reason I will reduce the amount of time spent in front of my PC, so you will hear from me a bit less.

Now read these links...
I don't need to add to these, but I am planning on writing an article for a magazine soon.

http://www.chimachine4u.com/killers.html

http://www.safespaceprotection.com/electrostress-from-wireless-routers.aspx

http://www.greenlivingonline.com/article/dangers-emfs-and-your-cell-phone


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN7VetsCR2I

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_hypersensitivity

and so now after reading about the subject and if you are convinced like me_ as a sufferer of overdose of radiations - sign this petition please!

http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/ban_wifi_inschools/?fAaCrbb&pv=0


Electromagnetic fields (EMFs) can cause symptoms of illness in infants, children and adults, particularly those who already experience low immunity.
If you are sensitive to EMFs, you may experience symptoms like:1
  • Nervous system symptoms, like fatigue, stress and sleep disturbances
  • Skin symptoms, like facial prickling, burning sensations and rashes
  • Body symptoms, like pains and aches in your muscles
  • Eye symptoms, such as burning sensations
  • Foggy thinking and depression
  • A variety of less common symptoms, like ear, nose, and throat symptoms and digestive disorders
  • Infertility
  • Leukemia in children, breast cancer or cancer clusters have been linked to high exposure to EMFs2

What Are Electromagnetic Fields?

Electromagnetic fields are areas of energy that surround electronic devices. The World Health Organization (WHO) explains that the electric fields are created by differences in voltage and magnetic fields are created when the electric current flows.3
According to WHO, electromagnetic fields affect us because our human bodies have their own electric and biochemical responses (e.g., nervous system, digestion, brain function, heart function). So exposure to EMFs can interact with your body in adverse ways.
Where Do Electromagnetic Fields Come From?

Simply put, EMFs come from electricity:
  • In your home – DECT cordless phones, hairdryers, vacuums, refrigerators, microwave ovens, irons, televisions (the flat panel TVs are much better than the old box-style TVs), main ring and lighting circuits, dimmer switches, electric blankets, electric razors, electric toothbrushes, WiFi, etc.
  • In your office – computers, fluorescent or halogen lighting, fax machines, photocopiers, scanners, cell phones and WiFi.
  • Outside – power lines (high voltage cables either overhead or buried in the ground), transformers (the gray cylinders raised up on poles that look like trash cans), electrical substations, cell phone towers, cities that provide citywide wireless Internet (WiFi) and electromagnetic radiation from near neighbors’ electronic equipment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Routine and health

It is a proven fact that children thrive in a safe and warm-loving home environment and with a good strict routine.
A recent article on BBC news http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-16354869, confirming this even more,many books and articles from childcare experts, and my own experience and observation lead to the same conclusion: routine is vital for children.

Routine is a healthy structure and a safe place for a child to be. No choices most of the time is better than too many choices.

What is the hidden message that the child perceives when we, carers and parents are not aware of the time and don't care? Can we see ourselves when we 'let go' of things a bit, what happens when we are: always running late to get somewhere, not being consistent with meal times, forgetting things, being behind with things, always catching up with paperwork, messy and untidy and piling up  unclean clothes, washing, ironing, pots and pans, wearing scruffy clothes, forgetful, snappy, rude, argumentative...

I am afraid to say that our children not only perceive, but imitate, and when more aware, perhaps are trying to correct us or act embarassed, angry, upset, give tantrums, etc...

Rhythm is healthy for us and for the children. By routine, and rhythm, I mean also rituals. Fair enough lots of parents take the children to this activity and that class and the cool music sessions and the library, but do we do it for the sake of it, or we believe that is going to make our children more clever and better behaved?
Taking a child to a session usually seems easier than baking with them at home- thank goodness there is a special class at the local hall where I can take children to get 'messy', so I don't have to do it at home!
Well, as a carer, I believe there is a bit of truth there...!!

It takes patience, an interior calm and strength, a watchful eye, a relaxed attitude, plenty of time, or, rather, the art of watching the time and fitting things in, pacing and planning and doing it all with a smile and never let the children feel rushed or forced at any time! I have these qualities...most of the time, by temperament, personality, by experience and above all, by my willingness and love for the children. It is an art and an aquired skill. I am experienced...and forever learning, again and again to be better and more mindful each day. And I thank the children in my care, above all my own daughter.

When I am careful and caring and I am mindful of my actions and my gestures and words have a true meaning, the children I am with respond better. They feel the hidden agenda.
Example: a 'difficult' child, a boy of around 7 years old, gets dropped off by a friend of the mother, and her own son, to a music session at local Conservatoire halls. After 20 minutes or so the teacher comes down with angry and challenging child and rings for his mum to come and collect him immediately as he has been disruptive. When mum comes the boy acts indefferently and gets told off, is taken outside. After a few minutes when I look outside the window I see the boy on the roof of his mum's car, jumping, playing, and mum in the seat on the mobile phone.
I don't wish to speculate, and explain all this. I observe a lot and compare a lot and learn a lot...and a lot of the times is by looking back...and looking around...we all make mistakes.

Us parents and carers want to have a 'life' and wish for our 'freedom' back!
Freedom to be naked in front of the mirror and dance to music, freedom to caress our partner when we want, freedom to talk about news, work, get up late at weekends, go to the cinema with a friend, be spontaneous, funny, moody and angry and happy....But now we are parents we need to 'control' these feelings, we need to schedule ahead, we need to become sensible and perhaps a bit boring!
Oh we can tell everyone how much we loved making cupcakes with our toddlers, but perhaps right inside us we wanted to say how much we actually wanted to read a magazine and have a candlelit bath.

Adults need to find a new meaning to the 'adult' world and combine that life with the life of little ones...dads can do it in a separate sort of way, although there are some super dads out there I know, mums seem to be the ones suffering more the 'I wish I had more time to myself' syndrome.

So let us focus and prpare ourselves for a challenge: to be a better parent and be more 'present' and mindful for our children. This is my new year's resolution.
I have a pre-teen with me who is 'crying' out for help...I need to re-adjust, and I am finding this terribly hard as I am a carer-nanny of much younger children. Gone are the days of fairy tales and trips into fairyland, and, gone are the times of giggles and sillyness. My daughter is serious, clever, funny, deep, questioning, bored, excited and curious and is looking for a role model which I am not at the moment.

I am reading various books and articles and these ones helped a bit:

http://www.waldorfinthehome.org/blog/

http://www.waldorfinthehome.org/blog/

http://waldorfmom.net/waldorfsteiner-education/steiner-education-a-challenge-for-couples/


http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6129974-simplicity-parenting


Happy reading and happy parenting!

No comments:

Post a Comment