Sunday 12 August 2012

Roman Holidays

Back from our Roman Holidays. We are suntanned, cooked al dente or a bit overdone; Morgana a nice caffelatte colour and me, a sun-kissed tomato!

Of course, no need to say it was always sunny and hot! We went to the beach and to our local swimming pool, conveniently placed a due passi from my aunt's house, where we stayed.

I'd like to add that the ospitality, or l'accoglienza, has been, like always fantastica!
Both my aunt and my dad and all my family have been so nice to us, making this Vacanze Romane very special! I didn't have to cook for 10 days, which is a break from my usual 3 meals a day routine- and I cook from scratch, as the British say, which goes without saying for us Italians!

Talking about food (and what else,apart from the Sun?), we had all sorts of local specialities, as usual: roast peppers, baked toamatoes filled with rice, pizza, pasta, con zucchine, cacio e pepe, and much more. Here I must mention the famous gelato, of course, inmancabile!

I must thank my dear sister for introducing me to GROM, which now we think as the best ice cream IN THE WORLD! not only; I personally think that instead of saying gelato we will say a GROM to mean ice cream! GROM is a surname, nothing more! The Grom family makes ice cream using traditional methods using only fresh and pure ingredients, no additives, no schifezze! More info on:

http://www.grom.it/ita/home.php

You can find Grom also in Usa, Paris and Japan!

And here now the images that, as always, speak for themselves...

Limoni di mia zia Liana

Al mare



Grom!





Bamboo
Alla piscina




We visited a brand new place, an emporium of all Italian flavours, where you find all types of food and drinks made in Italy. It was in impressive four floor building packed with delicacies.




http://www.roma.eataly.it/



Like Grom, you can find EATALY in other parts of the world, here, for example the one in New York:

http://eatalyny.com/

Now waiting for one to open in London?!



On the last night in Rome, we went to Castel Sant' Angelo for a tour and a jazz concert, with a quartet that played Coltrane, Duke Ellington and their own compositions; a nice concerto all'aperto.



And then the spectacular viwes from the terrazzo, with views of the capital; we didn't see any stelle cadenti,even if it was the best night for shooting stars, we only saw an angel!



Ciao!

xxx
Susannah

No comments:

Post a Comment