Wednesday 24 October 2012

Off to the woods! All welcome!

Oxleas Woods Special outdoor session


this Friday 26th October.

All ages welcome!



It is inset day at school!


So come along and meet my group and be our special guests for this session is open to all who go to Greenwich Steiner School, from Playgroup to Kindergarten and Lower school.


Make it a day out and stay at the cafe afterwards and share lunch with me and my little friends!


You can perhaps go to visit Woodland Farm afterwards too!



I hope to see old and new faces!
 Meet my lovely group:

It is for Parents/Grandparents, carers- nannies and childminders...with children of any age! Some are little some are school age- although home educated.



Oxleas Woods - outdoor session in details:



I start with a nature trail, we walk along some enchanted paths and collect stones, sticks, leaves, etc...

We gather at our usual spot, near a 'den' sit on some logs and bring blankets to be more comfy.

Wellies and rain jackets are a must, you never know with English weather!






We have a shared picnic, so each one of us brings bread/crackers, fruit, water and juice or a flask of tea.
Don't forget a picnic mat or blanket to sit on!


As I come with a buggy with usually one or two children - as a nanny - I don't drive, I come by bus, so it is nice if other people contribute especially with heavy things like flasks of tea!
 
 
 
This is a recent image, the children are climbing 'mummy crocodile'!
 
I take number 89 from Blackheath Village, the stop is Memorial Hospital.




We make some decorative crafts using as much as possible nature findings, and perhaps string, rafia, wool, paper, recycled materials...

We have made stick and string spiderwebs, spiders, dragonfiles, dream catchers, hanging mobiles, stone ladybirds and beatles, rubbed leaves on paper...and musical shakers too!



For info and booking for both outdoor sessions please contact Acorns - Parent and Child Group -
 
























Here some images of my group sessions






No comments:

Post a Comment