Sunday 13 March 2011

Amazing felting

I love felting and this is how I have learned the skill and some of my favourite pieces.
I really enjoy the feel of wool in my hands, with wt felting and I like to work with the felting needles too...It is relaxing and rewarding and stimulant in a creative/artistic way.
It is nice to make pieces and puppets for my girl and for the children I look after ...
Most of my best pieces are gone to good homes and I always forget to take pics of my finished things...
but there are a few here...have a look:
Some of my Spring figures
a little snowdrop


At a workshop

my harvest pumpkins

At Hawkwood College enjoying the flowers and getting inspiration


 oops! my painting...then inspiration for my felt pieces
still wet!

more paintings

me telling my daughter's birthday story three years ago

Spring is here now!












One of my early valentine's hearts!

a dreamcatcher I made 10 years ago for my daughter's bedroom, I did it when I was pregnant with her!















My daughter was born with the first snodrops!










My felt piece has been used and re-used on my nature table year after year!

A more recent piece I made for my daughter in sea colours
















Birds in the sky.....on branches and birds flying high...








Love Swans!



My t-shirt dying days...hey cool man!

No comments:

Post a Comment