Saturday 21 January 2012

Winter comfort wool stuff

Let's get woolly hey!?

First I went to the knitshop in Lee High Road to get gorgeous colours 100% wool and started making little quick finger knitted ropes for the children to use.


Just touching the wool itself, weaving it around my fingers is a joy to the senses...pure comfort zone!




Weaving gently relaxes more than knitting; less thinking involved and peg looming is the answer for me at least as I can't sit down on my bottom for too long and peg looming is faster! I get results that are satisfactory, actually I am very pleased with my first ever peg loomed piece!


So what is peg looming?
Well I went to this website and looked! 
http://www.thehandweavingcompany.co.uk/


Then I went and did it with Purple Claire at 


Blossoming Together



Claire did a workshop at my friend's cafe and I learned fast and now I am really into it!Love at first site! This is her website purpleclaire.tumblr.com



Claire Russell is a knitter and weaver who loves to create and to use textiles as a medium for art.  She loves exploring new ideas for creating and enjoys sharing ideas with adults and children.  Claire has experience of working with children and adults using a range of creative techniques.  Claire knits without a pattern using a freeform style to explore colour and texture.  Claire does her weaving mainly on a pegloom.  This is a simple traditional loom which allows the weaver the freedom to combine yarns, fabrics and other materials.
Claire enjoys working with found objects and upcycled materials both for textile art and other creative activities.  She is passionate about creativity as a way for people to relax and to enjoy themselves. website purpleclaire.tumblr.com

So this is how it happened!


Wooden pegs are quite long - better for a beginner Claire reassures me...

And off I go ...


I choose my favourite colours of course!

I am impressed by the feel and look of this piece...

I am already dreaming of making a blanket!


Claire says you can choose two or three yarns and weave them together....cool!

easy for little hands too!

Cinzia's boy seems to love it!











...and my Morgana!

this is hers:











Purple Claire and I love the same colours: well, purple to start with!

She had amazing yarns of different thickness and textures to choose from!

Morgana's finished masterpiece!

The colours of the sea she says my little pesciolina ( she is a piscean!)













Amazing colours...

Morgana and I both thinking the same thing...we like this!

Claire-voyant PurpleClaire says my friend makes these and you can buy them, I sell them cheaper than on line!

So we bought one- of course!


And...

this is my masterpiece!

The first of many to come!











Now hanging on my wall at home!


Just realized I was inspired by my blooms!




What lovely Early Spring colours!

And as my birthday is coming up soon...
I am thinking ...more plants and blooms....especially Hyacinth...

but for now I am enjoying this bunch ( John Lewis ).



Indeed this is what makes my home a sweet home!









So...Morgana, inspired just like me, already started her home weaving project...

It has been in her bedroom, on the kitchen table and now on the coffee table ( which I should really call it the tea table as we don't drink coffee at home!











She chose lovely colours and a nice combination...




















this happened only in 2 days ( well, just weaving for a while in the evening and in the morning)

And Pi, our lovely cat enjoys sitting by the wool basket!

Looking for some comfort and warmth, purring...just like I do when I am 'playing' with wool!











A feast for my senses!


Have a lovely woolly time everyone!

xxx
Susannah





No comments:

Post a Comment