Sunday 29 January 2012

January blues

If the people lived their lives
As if it were a song
For singing out of Light
Provides the music for the stars
To be dancing circles in the night.


























composed by: Traditional
artist: Marilyn Strong



A lovely song, more like a chant. such a sweet tune...
My daughter Morgana is singing this song at school,
I also sang with my singing group a while ago...is coming back to me now...
it is beautiful sang in a round...



No I do not have the January blues....!!!! January is my favourite month of the year - nothing wrong-
In fact now the weather is getting properly colder, winter moods set in I do really fantasize about a log fire
and a chalet-style house but that is a different story
I am still dreaming of snow...now there is more hope as temperatures will be around 0 C or just under!




The blues I am talking about are the colours!






Here are the fantastic new colours of wool I have! 
Of course from the knitshop!


Address:326 Lee High Road, 
Lee Green 
London
Postcode:SE13 5PJ
Email:info@knitshop.co.uk




Again, inspired by my love of the sea and air colours
mixed with more earthy tones.


Just looking around and seeing buds of spring flowers coming along....just when it' is starting to get colder....








Ice blue, sea blue, dark blue, greens and purples...
Greys, dark greens, silver, white, light and dark brown, stone...




















The Earth is vibrating
A new energy arising
Spring is around the corner






I am so inspired...


The Sun and the frost, the cold winds blowing, the morning dew, 
the cold nights, the low clouds...

Just looking around and seeing buds of spring flowers coming along....just when it' is starting to get colder....
Ice blue, sea blue, dark blue, greens and purples...





The bare branches, the damp earth, the buds pushing through, rising up, straight to the sky...
The robin, the blackbird, the woodpecker...I hear them and see them from my window seat each morning...


All around me is blue! At home...I feel cosy in my blue cocoon!

Again, inspired by my love of the sea and air colours
mixed with more earthy tones.






The magic of weaving...


one colour mixed, intertwined with another, like a morning mist...




Just looking around and seeing buds of spring flowers coming along....just when it' is starting to get colder....
Ice blue, sea blue, dark blue, greens and purples...




Creating serenity



























And of course my new tea pot is a lovely blue...




Bought just yesterday ( my birthday present from me to me!)
from With Jam and Bread cafe in Lee High Road
my local brand new chill out place!
Check it out.
http://withjamandbread.com/

you can in fact buy tea pots there, charcoal black/dark grey, blue and I think maybe white or I am sure Jennie will get new colours for spring!
They are good tea pots ( the very same tea pots you get tea in at the cafe) non-spill and keep warm for a long time...I shall have my herbal teas in this tea pot!


Nothing like a hot cup of tea...
Looking outside my window...
The bare branches of the tree, the cold air, the dark sky...






The warmth and the softness of the wool...the contrast...
yin and yang




The amazing colours of Winter...


Winter sky just from my window...




The comforting touch of something familiar ...






So here I am weaving night and day a scarf for my friend!




It is Aquarian birthday time...I am Aquarian and lots of my friends are too! So if you are reading this HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!




































I like earth tones and sea and sky colours...so I mix all my favourite colours and weave them into a delicious scarf!






Home sweet home






And for people who do have the winter blues or whatever it is that makes them SAD and depressed
 ( I am sorry but I don't get it! I love wearing jumpers and candles and blankets and warm tea: it's cosy)
This is a fab new magazine that I came across lately and it is full of advice and good tips on whole living;
happy reading!





xxx

Susannah

No comments:

Post a Comment