Sunday 15 January 2012

Frosty Sun day

Frosty Sunny day this Sunday.


Still wishing for some snow...


Lovely Sunrise yesterday from my window seat I could see the sky turning a beautiful pink...







New nests being built


Meanwhile, last week at Manor House Park, The Cator Estate and Charlton House, I noticed some buds already coming through; the pussy willows are getting ready and some snowdrops and crocuses and even daffodils are poking through the ground pushing up straight as soldiers!






Little red breast robin singing his morning song...although Jack Frost is still here, the Earth is getting ready for Spring is just around the corner...




New leaves are born...




New buds poking through...

















Buds of a lovely Magnolia tree


















And some pink Blossom Trees are in flower already!








A nice discovery: in Lee High Road , where Stark Gallery once was, now there is a little oasis, amongst the strange mix of greasy spoons, pound shops, closed down shops and gloomy pubs, With Jam and Bread, an inviting cafe/gallery.


Finally a place where I can find good quality bread ( Flour Power City), jam, etc... yoghurt, granola, a simple breakfast, home made cakes and lovely sandwiches ( I had a rosemary and sea salt focaccia with hummous and roasted peppers)


The toilet is large and very spacious, excellent for nannies and mummies with little ones; not surprisingly very popular with mums and children; when I was there I have counted 5 babies and 4 toddlers.


The best thing though for me is the tea pots! They are a modern and stylish and very clever design, with the filter inside for real tea is what they sell there, not tea bags!


So I have decided to buy myself one for my birthday!...soon!


I have to choose the colour! They have charcoal black for sale and a lovely blue...




In With Jam and Bread they serve the tea on a little oval wooden tray, it is cute...a bit oriental looking I suppose, maybe that is why I like it. It is one of the best tea pots I have used in years, non spill and keeps the tea very warm for a long time!




http://www.withjamandbread.com/


There it is my lovely new cafe! Jennie behind the coffee machine, always smiling and always helpful!


Light and airy and spacious enough for an army of double buggies, it is a place where I can safely take the children I look after for a warm cuppa or a smoothie and some toast and honey...mmmmm
So I am letting you all know that if you don't find me in Blossoming together Tuesdays and Wednesdays or Thursdays or Fridays...well...that leaves Mondays...but that is the closing day of both my favourite hang outs, you will find me at Jam and Bread perhaps at the weekend with my daughter! And it is also a few steps away from the Knitshop!


Now time to go out and enjoy the sunny day!


xx
Susannah





No comments:

Post a Comment