Tuesday 2 August 2011

Camping tales

We went! We did it! And it is indeed fun! it still is for Morgana as she is still there with her friend while I am back...
The tent was easy to put up and we didn't need the wellies. At night, even on a hot day it gets so cold I had to sleep with my joggers and jumper on! Luckily kind people lent me a cushion and a blanket for extra comfort! Even if we took 4 blankets with us it was not enough!
Late nights combined with early mornings does not work for me! I have kindly offered to make breakfast each morning I was there!This involved making for large bowls of pancake mix the evening before, getting up at 6.30 am each time- I had no problem with that- it gets brighter and the cockerel sings loudly, I am surprised it didn't wake the others!) and start making pancakes until I had around 40 pancakes ready, kept warm, for the first batch of hungry early risers ( the kids of course!), then after a while the pancakes got sold and was basically cooking to order...I think I made about 100 pancakes each morning- all by myself! I had helpers at serving time of course! From 8 to 9 but you know that at camping time 9 am means 10 am!

I had fun sitting by the fire sipping chai tea and singing, or indeed watching amazing fire show and drumming!

But time passes very slowly at Steiner Summer Camp, everybody is looking so chilled out, the atmosphere so relaxed and friendly, the children free to play all day, we hardly saw them!

One night Morgana, just before falling asleep, she asked:- Mummy? Can we go camping next year?- I said yes of course and in my head thought: with extra blankets and cushions, rugs, a larger tent, maybe a yurt, an air bed, a better sleeping bag, my own cooker, not that I didn't like the meals there, but I thought it looked fun to cook on a portable stove!


I think the picture will describe a bit more.

The tent, kindly given by the Beverly family!



Early morning walking towards the cafe ready for pancakes!

some of the lovely tents there...


Hot chocolate and story time ( Morgana put her jumper on in the evening as it got cooler)

Well...we survived without 4 star hotel, hurrah!

Susannah

No comments:

Post a Comment