Sunday 4 November 2012

Back from Bergamo

I had a lovely time in Bergamo.

The weather was very autumnal and the earth was wet and cool.

The colours were grey, dark greens,golden yellows, reds and browns...

As usual I had to taste the signature dishes and had a few porcini mushrooms dishes, polenta and local cheeses; risotto zucca and of course, the cioccolata calda at the Caffe Tasso.

I let the images speak as usual!
(all images taken by me, Susannah Andrews)

 
We stayed in La Casa di Campagna
Bed & Breakfast
 
which was a very sweet and cosy little place;
this is what I saw from our window:
 
 
 




















La Casa di Campagna Bed & Breakfast



Ristorante trattoria Tre Torri:

Foiade ai Funghi Porcini

 
 
Spaghettini al pomodoro for Morgana as she says the best ones ever...she forgot what I cook at home?! Surely these spaghetti are more a Southern dish but children don't get it, do they?!
 
 
 
 
Surely after much eating I needed to do lots of walking, and here some images during my Passeggiate...
 

The Bed and Breakfast was about 30 minutes walk from the upper part of the city, Citta' Alta, and the views are really nice.



Some houses are really pretty, makes me want to go and live there....maybe one day...


This house had a lovely garden and view and ...seven cats!

 
We carried un umbrella, and the trick did work as it didn't rain at all, or only a little...
but when you are in town what do you do if it rains?
 Oh well, you go to caffe' tasso for a Cioccolata Calda!
 
 

Creamy, dense and rich, the best hot chocolate in the world...oh well...almost!
 
 
Now time for more walks...
 
 
 
 
 
The following morning was a lovely sunny day and we went for a bike ride...
 




 

The cycle path was rather hard going up...but fun coming down the valley!

 
Then the walk path to town, past the little stream...

 
 
 
 

 
one path leads to Citta' bassa, and on my way to the shops past the Sentierone I enjoyed the sunny side of the streets...
 
 
 

 

 
 

Then back to upper Town on my way back from the shops..

 
 
Tra il Sole e le Colonne...
 
 
 
The day after it was a bit grey and slightly drizzly, but oh so lovely,
Goodbye Bergamo, see you soon!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment