Sunday 13 March 2011

Spring Flavours

Morgana and little friends preparing the pancake mix...first the eggs...ooops! mind the shell pieces!







Whisking ...

Pancake is nearly ready...just need to flip it over on to the other side!
I like my Pancake Hat!


















A nice memory...pancake day...now glad is over and eating rice and greens!

Today I made jasmine fragrant rice, coriander and tamari sauce, lentils and tofu and butternut squash stew with shallots and cumin...and a bit of avocado on the side...
yummy!
Now that Spring is here the body is ready to get rid of excess and imputiries...the liver needs more attention. This is why pancake day is celebrated...Fat Tuesday- Mardi Gras, is the last day of Carnival.
Excess is the theme at carnival...but from Ash Wednesday all that is now a memory! Lent  begins a new period leading to Easter...now it is all about sacrifice, simplicity and getting rid of excessess...in our bodies, minds and all around us...declutter, organize and simplify are my commands...Now the hard bit is that habits have been established a while ago are difficult to stop! So I am not going to get frustrated or upset or angry at myself if I can't do it all at once...perhaps taking things gradually is the best approach.

The Crocuses and the Daffodils in the Royal Standard in Blackheath...a pretty sight.
I go past these at least three times a week...
Spring walks are the best way to get connected with nature and the season...
The best way to get slowly ready for the Joy at Easter Time...
Sleep and regenerating my body...
scrubbing, detoxing, relaxing, refuelling, and getting rid of the past to look into the future with positive
thoughts and a clear mind...at least that is my aim...!










Meanwhile...I dream of Sunshine and Sicilian lemons....
Oh how I miss them!

No comments:

Post a Comment